Who doesn’t love Chipotle’s Cilantro-Lime Rice? If you’ve been missing this tasty dish because of the quarantine, maybe it’s time to try your hand at this easy copycat Chipotle rice recipe!
What Is Chipotle Rice?
Chipotle is famous for this lovely rice that is flavored by cilantro and lime.
Even if you’ve never tried Chipotle’s famous rice, be assured that the lovely flavor combination of cilantro and lime pairs well with many dishes. So grab that zester, baby! Let’s start cooking!
What Do You Need To Make This Chipotle Rice Recipe?
The ingredients for this recipe are fairly simple:
- cooked rice
- lime juice
- lime zest
- fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
How Much Will 1 Cup Of Uncooked Rice Make?
- 1 cup of uncooked white rice makes 3 cups of cooked rice.
- 1 cup of uncooked brown rice makes 4 cups of cooked rice.
How Do I Make My Rice Fluffy?
Don’t you just HATE cooking a pot of rice that turns out to be a sticky, gummy blob? To prevent this, the very first thing you need to do is rinse your rice well 2-3 times before adding it to your pot. The second tip for fluffy rice is making sure you add enough water. For the stovetop, follow the package directions, but generally, you add about 2 cups of water for every cup of rice. After the rice cooks, make sure you fluff it well with a fork.
This Recipe Pairs Well With…
- 3 cups cooked rice Can use white, brown, or jasmine rice. (Brown rice is shown in photos.)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Fluff cooked rice with a fork and stir in fresh lime juice, lime zest, and cilantro until blended.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and serve immediately