The sweet and savory flavors of this pork tenderloin recipe take this inexpensive cut of meat up to the next level. Although pork tenderloin can be a bit dry, the apples and applesauce in this recipe helps keep the meat juicy while ramping up the flavor. Pair it with a simple side dish for a budget-friendly dinner!
Budget-Friendly Pork Tenderloin Recipe
One-Skillet Honey Applesauce Pork Roast
The sweet and savory flavors of this pork tenderloin recipe take this inexpensive cut of meat up to the next level.
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1½ lbs. pork tenderloin
- 3 medium firm apples cored and chopped
- Place oven rack in center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine applesauce, honey, Dijon mustard, and rosemary leaves in a small bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Generously season the pork roast with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Cook until browned and evenly seared on all sides, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spread half of the applesauce mixture all over the top and sides of the pork.
- Arrange the chopped apples around the sides of the pork and place in the pre-heated oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and flip the pork.
- Brush with remaining applesauce mixture and return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and cover loosely to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Calories: 417kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 36gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 178mgPotassium: 943mgFiber: 6gSugar: 29gVitamin A: 415IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!