This lovely side dish features oven-roasted fresh carrots tossed in olive oil, honey, curry powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. This roasted curried carrots recipe produces a lovely side dish that’s sweet with a little spicy kick. Ready to eat in about 40 minutes!
Sweet & Spicy Side Dish: Roasted Curried Carrots Recipe
Roasted Curried Carrots
- 2 lbs. fresh carrots peeled and cut on the diagonal
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey preferably local
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 12 fresh thyme sprigs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. Set aside.
- Add carrots, olive oil, honey, curry powder, and fresh thyme to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss until well combined.
- Pour seasoned carrots on the prepared sheet pan and spread into a single layer without overcrowding.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, turning carrots once halfway through cooking. Carrots should be crisp tender and nicely browned when ready.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Serve immediately with your choice of entrees.